Wednesday, December 03, 2003

Catch Up

Silence has been restored to my living room. ahhhhhhh.

I had a great visit with my parents while they were here. They scrambled their stuff together this morning and shipped out. They will be returning in a few weeks for the Christmas thing, but I am relieved to have my rhythms back again.

What a crazy week it's been already. I am officially rehearsing for Unidentified Human Remains and the True Nature of Love. The script is great. The cast is amazing. I really can't wait to see what the final product is like. I think this may be the most gritty acting project I've taken on. I directed some grit in college, but was never really cast in any. I get to show my rump on stage (how exciting.)

Meanwhile the post I wrote a few weeks ago That Demon Alcohol is turning into a larger project. I keep pouring out pages about a character named Mark. I suppose Mark is an opportunity to say things I might not be ready to say as WT. I also have an idea cooking for a political satire cabaret. The cabaret is a bastardization of The Pied Piper. I feel like this week will be focused on that. I have been bouncing the idea off of many people in my life, and they all seem to think it is a good one. Political satire is awfully time sensitive, so I'd better get cooking. If only the cursor in my word processor would stop laughing at me.

I am studying hard for my first performance of Babar the Elephant this Sunday. The show is not as well constructed as Peter and the Wolf, but it seems like a lot of fun anyway. I think performing for children is the coolest thing ever. Childrens' imaginations are so pliable. They haven't learned to ask so many limiting questions, so you hold up your arm and you have a trunk. It's that simple.

I haven't been able to sit doen and write posts each day like I like to, but this is a start. Look for some of the more poetic musings I've been to busy to type in the next couple of days.

No comments: