Saturday, November 08, 2003

Teaching Opportunity

I had a job interview today with The Bronx Arts Ensemble. The position is an opportunity to teach movement to elementary school children. I feel very excited about this opportunity. I feel like there are many signs in my life pointing me towards teaching. On one hand I feel so blessed to have a recognized gift for teaching. What better way to leave my mark on the world than to invest in the growth of a handful of young people? On the other hand I worry that teaching as a path is a distraction from the other goals in my life. I feel like a "good" teacher has his or her own ego completely worked out before they reach out to students. I would love to pass on the gifts that my teachers have given me, but I'm just not sure if I'm ready. I suppose there's only one way to find out. [WT takes a leap of faith.]

No comments: