Tuesday, November 04, 2003

Heaven Is In The Memory

A good friend told me recently that if heaven exists, it is surely in the memory of the living. As November is settling in this year and the air is getting colder, I am fighting an awful depression. My good friend Jessica Marie Kupczak died last November 23rd. I miss her so much, that sometimes it feels as though I might faint. I tried to take great comfort in the idea that she would live eternally in the memories of those who loved her, but when I close my eyes and reach for her I find her evasive at best. The things I remember about her come to me in fragmented snippets. It's like trying to watch a flock of geese fly through the spaces of a grove of trees on a foggy November day. The details are moving too quickly and are too far away.
What I am left with:
Her infectious laugh
The glimmer in her eyes
The way she made me forget my cares as long as she was near me
The purest truest heart I've ever encountered
and Unbelievably striking beauty

I don't remember endless anecdotal stories about times we shared. I just remember her essence, and the love that I had for her. I hope that is enough.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

who are you and how did you know my sister? I have been trying to get in contact with some of her friends. Thanks so much.